10 March 2010

Pregnancy, studying, and going back to work.

I will admit, I've enjoyed being away from work. I have been away since February 17th and wish that I didn't have to go back on Friday. I've had a small taste of being a SAHM without really fulfilling the duties of one. I took so much time off to try and study for my upcoming promotion test so Dan has been wonderful and gracious enough to pick up Genevieve majority of the times and cook dinner. Yes, I know that man is amazing and I am lucky to have him. :)

Studying has been OK for the most part. I'm absorbing what I can and when I can. This is my last day to take in everything because the big test is tomorrow. Originally I was scheduled to test on Tuesday, but do to a work inspection that was planned for the same day, my boss and first shirt decided to see if I could possibly be rescheduled so that I could be present for the inspection. The proctor was cooperative enough to move my test date. Honestly after going through the inspection, I wish I tested instead. Inspections are always tough in my opinion because you always hope that you're doing things that you're supposed to be doing and finding out that you're making some errors can... suck.

Which brings me to the reason I even started this post. While the inspectors were pointing out our weak areas, I felt like bursting into tears each and every time. I tried to choke them back, I mean they were things I knew that they'd catch and are actually errors known AF wide. My emotions have been all over the place lately and the inspection made me wonder how I would deal with them when I returned to work. The smallest thing that would usually fall on deaf ears can now send my tear ducts into overload. I have no idea what I'll do if someone makes a comment that normally wouldn't bother me. Well, actually I know what I'll do, but how I'll deal with it at work. I guess I'll need to stockpile on tissues when I get back into the grind of things.

I can't really recall much from my last pregnancy and the workplace other than the fact that in the second and third trimester I was irritated with coworkers constantly touching my stomach to try and feel the baby kicking. I doubt it will be a big problem with this one being that I am close to only a few in the squadron I'm in now compared to where I worked back then, but I guess I should still prepare myself. Maybe I'll fashion a shirt under my ABU blouse so when I take it off it says "Don't touch the belly".

With the test tomorrow I don't feel nervous at all. Either I do well or I prepare for next year. All that matters is that I continue to outrank Dan. :)

1 comment:

Ande said...

I had old ladies at the BX and Comm there come up and start patting my belly (that was with all 3 that I had there) drove me crazy. Good luck with the crying. It stinks, I remember.