06 November 2010

Enough to make me...

want to switch occupations. Sebastian is finally here. He made his debut a whole 9 days passed his due date on October 18th at 1741. It was a semi-difficult labor that ended with a last minute c-section since his huge head wouldn't come down any further down the birth canal.

I haven't worked since the end of September and I'm on maternity leave until December. I plan on taking additional time off after a couple weeks of work to help accommodate my troops to take time off during Christmas. With our baby boy finally here, I wish that I was saying that I wasn't going back to work. I've mentioned before that I have changed my main goal in life and will hopefully be able to separate from the military. Boy, do I wish I had pushed the button with this pregnancy.

Having Sebastian here has only confirmed my feelings about being a SAHM or a WAHM. It's funny because if anyone told me in high school or as I was starting out in Air Force that my views would change by the time I hit twenty-five and that I'd want to be a SAHM to take care of my family and household and have a big family (more than two kids), I would say you were crazy. Here I am, twenty-seven years old, and I am content with not working another day-outside of our home. Gone are my desires to retire after 20 years or more in the military, I no longer want to strive to go as far as I can up the ranks, and I wish even more that cost of living in this state was reasonable enough that I didn't have to put the uniform back on and worry about pumping at work.

DSC_7099

Alas, I'll enjoy my time off with my son while it lasts. When I go back to work and he has to go to daycare, I will suck it up and put on my uniform and put my 100% into my job while missing him. Hopefully soon, in the not-so-distant future, I'll be able to push the button and just stay at home.

3 comments:

AmandaB. said...

Staying at home is extremely difficult at times, but oh so rewarding. I hope that you have the opportunity in the future to stay at home, but I really commend you for pulling double duty. Being a working Mom seems really hard, but I guess it's hard both ways. The bottom line is that you guys have one super cute little boy and your little girl is growing into a lady so fast it's crazy! I hope you guys are well.

Amanda

Ande said...

He is beautiful. Congrats!! Glad to hear that things are going well. I know what you mean about the SAHM thing, I am so grateful that we have been able to do it with our kids. Of course day care is crazy expensive. I'll tell Tom about your little guy, he is still away at the moment. Congrats again!!!

Nena said...

Congrats! He was born on my birthday :) Take care & God bless...