23 February 2010

A not-so-relaxing leave

Usually when people take leave, it's to relax. Enjoy time away from work, no deadlines or paperwork. Time to just sit back and rest. I started leave a week ago (last Tuesday) and it hasn't been so relaxing.

Dan mentioned that for his birthday, I surprised him with a positive pregnancy test. I can't tell you how excited and nervous the both of us are. We've waited so long for the perfect time to start trying. It could've been earlier if it weren't for the TDYs and deployment that took Dan away. Gotta love the military. :p Even though I already have Genevieve, this pregnancy is already proving to be so different from when I was carrying her. The nausea has definitely hit me and I don't think I've had many mornings without morning sickness. I'm trying to take it easy and relax, but most days I'm dizzy, nauseous, or fatigued-or all three.

The main priority during this leave to to study since my promotion test for E-6 is in a couple weeks. On the enlisted side for the AF, you have to test to make rank after you put on E-4. This year will be my second time testing for E-6, and I am hoping that I make it. :)

I have spent a couple days hanging out with my sister, Flo, last week. True, I should be spending ever day and every waking moment studying, but hey, being on leave I can have some free time. Last week Genevieve was off after the three day weekend because of the district's furlough days. Thursday, the three of us went to see Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightening Thief, had lunch and walked around the mall. Friday, Flo came over and we helped her with bridesmaids cards.
50/365

This week hasn't been so fun. Seems like my 8th week has been the worse so far with constant headaches and the fatigue kicking in really hard. I can deal with fatigue, I have no problems sleeping more, but I would just like the morning sickness to go away. :(


I can't wait until the next time I take leave. It will be the same time Dan takes leave, and we'll both get a chance to really relax.

1 comment:

Ande said...

With each of my kids the sickness was hard. I could tell by my cravings what I was having, but I think the sickness parts were their little personalities. I would chew some mint gum, the one with a 5 on it, it helped with the nausea, and always have some crackers with you, hope you start feeling better soon!!! Hope you did well on your test. Tom took his last week.