07 February 2010

Having a baby!

For my birthday, my wife surprised me with telling me that she is pregnant. This will be a crazy experience for us, especially me. I have been around for my step daughter since she was around 2 years old, she is almost 6 now. I think I got the father thing down. I wake up early to get her dressed for school, and the weekend mornings are spent getting her breakfast and me slowly waking up for a few hours. I like to cook and I feel I am damn good at it too. It will be crazy to watch my wife through this pregnancy. It is something I have looked forward to for awhile now. I gotta read up on things like what is happening in her belly, and how to care for a baby. Its a lot, not overwhelming yet but I know that soon it will be. I am excited, but not worried at all. My wife will be the saving grace for me because she has already been through this previously and I'm sure I can ask her all the questions I have. So far estimated due date is beginning of October.. I need everyone to pray for a boy... please..... pretty please..

1 comment:

Ande said...

Congrats you guys!!! That is wonderful!! Our last one was born at the beginning of Oct. I hope that she decides to go Family Prac on base, that way you have the same Doc that you see on your visits, with OB you never know who you will get. -Dan you will do fine. Just remember when she has cravings, go get it!! :) Rub her feet and make sure she gets a pedicure right before the baby arrives. I am so excited for you guys!!!