02 February 2010

I live with the female Ace of Cakes!!!!!!

So me and my wife are avid fans of the Food Network. We watch every show on there and get ideas for new foods we want to try to cook and of course eat. My wife makes some amazing cakes, my favorite being red velvet and German chocolate. With watching Ace of Cakes and ultimate cake challenge a lot, she decided to try making fondant. She did an excellent job and I'm sure she will get plenty of practice and make some awesome competition like cakes soon.


Although I am a hardcore fan of flavor over presentation, it was very good. But personally, I think a good cream cheese frosting takes the cake.... funny huh?

So today was a decent day, I slept in, made some pulled pork that took 12 hours to cook (added a little vinegar for a Carolina BBQ style flavor), and went to Costco and bought the wife an orchid. It's her favorite flower.


Now I am just sitting around watching TV and drinking some wine that I thought had to be amazing. I never knew Newman's Own made wine. I should have figured though, that company has made almost everything. Gonna go for some whiskey and coke next... laterz









His face cracks me up on all the products... just makes you want to buy them.... If you haven't had the Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette, you need too.

No comments: